The X-ES XCalibur4740 D-1700 processor-based 6U VPX-REDI module is a specialized computer hardware designed for use in demanding computing environments. This high-performance processor module targets computationally heavy applications requiring maximum data and information protection such as command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, radar, and other mission-critical defense systems.
Let’s talk about the X-EX processor’s advantages, speed, and security.
One of the key features of the XCalibur4740 D-1700 is its use of a D-1700 processor. This processor is known for its high performance and low power consumption, making it an ideal choice for applications where energy efficiency is a key concern.
The Intel Xeon D-1700 processors are power-efficient System-on-Chip (SoC) packages with integrated 40 Gigabit Ethernet for high-speed connectivity. Offering significant improvements over existing Xeon D processors in terms of sheer processing power and memory density, Ice Lake-D technology is ideal for computationally heavy applications with native temperature support between -40˚C and up to 85˚C enables embedded applications using these Intel Xeon D processors to excel in thermally challenging environments.
The XCalibur4740 D-1700 also offers a number of other features that make it a versatile and powerful computing platform. For example, it supports a range of I/O interfaces, including Ethernet, USB, and serial ports, which allows it to be easily integrated into a variety of different systems. It also includes a range of memory options, including DDR3 and DDR4 memory, which allows users to customize the module to suit their specific needs.
At the security level, the Xpedite4740 integrates SecureCOTS technology with a Microsemi PolarFire FPGA for hosting custom functions to protect data from being modified or observed and provides an ideal solution when stringent security capabilities are required.
The XCalibur4740 D-1700 is also designed to be rugged and reliable, with a number of features that help it withstand the demands of harsh environments. For example, it is built to meet MIL-STD-810F and DO-160F standards, which are some of the most rigorous standards for ruggedness in the industry. This makes it ideal for use in military and aerospace applications where it may be subjected to extreme temperatures, shock, vibration, and other environmental conditions.
What, in a nutshell, are the main advantages of the newest X-ES processor?
- High performance: The D-1700 processor used in the XCalibur4740 D-1700 is a high-performance processor that is capable of handling a wide range of computing tasks.
- Low power consumption: The D-1700 processor is designed to be energy-efficient, which helps to reduce power consumption and save on operating costs.
- Rugged and reliable design: The XCalibur4740 D-1700 is built to meet MIL-STD-810F and DO-160F standards, making it ideal for use in demanding environments where it may be subjected to extreme temperatures, shock, vibration, and other environmental conditions.
- Versatile I/O interfaces: The XCalibur4740 D-1700 supports a range of I/O interfaces, including Ethernet, USB, and serial ports, which allows it to be easily integrated into a variety of different systems.
- Customizable memory options: The XCalibur4740 D-1700 includes a range of memory options, including DDR3 and DDR4 memory, which allows users to customize the module to suit their specific needs.
Overall, the X-ES XCalibur4740 D-1700 processor-based 6U VPX-REDI module with its high-performance D-1700 processor, versatile I/O interfaces, and rugged design, it is a great choice for applications in the military, aerospace, and other industries where reliability and performance are critical.
Expando’s partners and suppliers
Expando AB is a regional expert offering defense components and integration projects. We act as representatives or distributors for first-class suppliers and our aim is to be your long-term reliable partner.
Contact us for price questions and technical solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +46 (0)8-544 900 44.