SWAP-C Optimized Server Takes Virtual Environments to the Edge of the Computing Grid
FREMONT, California — January 23, 2013 – Themis Computer today announced the Intel®-based RES-mini Ruggedized server. Designed for use in demanding environments where Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) is severely limited the Themis RES-mini combines the robust design of the RES server family with the latest E5 1600 and 2600 Intel Xeon processors with four, six, or eight cores. Designed to be fully compatible with popular virtualization technologies such as VMWare® and Citrix XenServer®, the RES-mini brings next generation technology to mission-critical military, industrial, and commercial applications.
Featuring two expansion slots, extensive high-speed I/O, and storage, the RES-mini server provides users with versatile configuration and system expansion options and a strong, lightweight coated aluminum chassis provides improved system resistance to corrosion. The RES-mini also incorporates state-of-the-art thermal and kinetic management design
“The RES-mini is a unique, ruggedized server that exemplifies how Themis brings these benefits together with tiered storage and virtual machines, at the edge of the cloud, to support war fighters and mission-critical applications.” said Bill Kehret, President and CEO of Themis.
One E5 1600 or E5 2600 Intel® Xeon® processor with four, six, or eight cores
Up to 256 GB DDR3 ECC
Eight 2.5 inch drive bays
Two expansion slots
- Designed for high reliability in harsh operating environments
- Specially coated aluminum for light weight and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel reinforcement for strength and stiffness
- Optional dust filter
- Operating shock: 3 axis, 35G, 25ms, Operating vibration: 3.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000 Hz
- Weight*: 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
- Power supply options: Single 110/220 VAC (50/60Hz, 400Hz), Single 28 VDC, or Single 18 VDC
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-901D, MIL-STD-167-1
Download the data sheet.
Read more on the Themis website: www.themis.com